One of the most common and affordable forms of energy is natural gas. Gas line leakage is rare but can be extremely dangerous if it is left unattended. Natural gas buildup in an enclosed area can cause illness or even an explosion. Gas leaks can also happen outside the home and are equally as dangerous. Before doing any job that requires digging outdoors, call your plumber in Mokena to take care of any gas line repairs you may need taken care of. Natural gas smells like rotten eggs which has been added to warn us of a leak. If you smell this distinctive odor in your home, do the following:
- Do not use your cell phone until safely out of the houseShut off gas valves at your home
- Do not turn on or off any electrical appliance
- Do not smoke or use any open flame
- Do not attempt to locate the leak
- Get a safe distance away from the house and call 911
- If a natural gas line is damaged, call your utility company and do not attempt to repair the gas line.
Preventing gas leaks in the home is as easy as ensuring proper installation and inspection by our licensed professionals. We take pride in our work and our excellent customer service. Your satisfaction is guaranteed when you hire us. Don’t let amateurs handle something as serious as a gas leak! We have extensive training and industry experience to get the job done right the first time. Call us for same day service.